by Sara Michaels | Feb 24, 2021
YES! It is true what you may (or may not) have heard: Boulder Bike Sharing will be dropping 100 pedal-assist ebikes into our system starting this Friday, February 26th! We beat our own launch date by a week!
Through a partnership with BCycle/Trek Bikes. These ebikes will allow riders to get up hills with ease and go farther faster, with a goal of replacing car trips and facilitating multimodal lifestyles while enabling the decade-old Boulder Bike Sharing nonprofit to experiment with a new business model. The Electric bikes will be available to all Boulder B-cycle system riders, including participants of Boulder Bike Sharing’s existing and planned equity initiatives, as the organization seeks to do its part to advance social and climate justice. Download the BCycle app or head to www.boulderbcycle.org for more information on the system’s passes, which range from pay-per-trip to monthly and annual options.
Trek’s BCycle Electric bikes feature a best-in-class BOSCH motor, Shimano brakes for safe and reliable performance in all seasons and front & rear integrated lighting for safe and visible riding. They are Class 1 ebikes with smooth pedal assist, making electrified riding feel instantly familiar to all bike riders.
Since May of 2011, Boulder Bike Sharing has been providing Boulder with reliable bike-sharing service, and the Boulder B-cycle system now counts 300 shared bikes across key areas and destinations in Boulder. Boulder was an early adopter of bike sharing, and the Boulder B-cycle system still ranks among the largest and densest for cities of a similar population. The Boulder B-cycle system has provided over 100,000 shared bike trips every year since 2017, and in 2020 set a new annual record for system use as CU students flocked to the service during the fall semester. Boulder Bike Sharing’s 2020 strategic plan calls for the electrification of the system and the exploration of partnerships and regional opportunities, and in partnership with Trek riders of the Boulder B-cycle system are almost certain to establish new ridership records in 2021.
| Jun 27,2016
In case you missed it, we had a bit of a moment in the sun recently:
Photo credit: Daily Camera
Yup. That's His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama in a Boulder B-cycle helmet, courtesy of Nutcase Helmets
To celebrate, every day this week (6/27—7/1), new and renewing (full-price) Republic Riders have a chance to win one of these super cool "Lama Lids."
Here's how it works:
- Log into your account or click that "start riding" button on the top right corner of this page.
- Purchase or renew your Republic Rider (Annual) pass at full price.
- You're automatically entered! We'll pick one winner every day this week from our new and renewing members.
Please note that this promotion only applies to full-price pass purchases and is not valid for corporate membership or other discounted offers.
| May 12,2016
We're celebrating our fifth anniversary on Friday, May 20th!
As a way of saying thank you to Boulder for five great years of bike sharing, we've put together five days of awesome events and deals starting Monday, May 16th.
Here's the full schedule, and how to take advantage of each offer:
- Monday, May 16th: Free 30-day trial for new riders!
- Use promo code 5YEARS to get your first 30 days free when you sign up for a People's Pedaler (monthly) pass (normally $11).
- This pass includes all trips under 30 minutes.
- Each month after is just $11.
- Tuesday, May 17th: Free lunch rides!
- Day Tripper passes are free from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Normally $8)
- No promo code needed: just walk up to any station and swipe your card!
- Day Tripper passes include all trips under 30 minutes.
- Overtime fees of $3 per half hour still apply.
- Wednesday, May 18th: Free 30-minute trips for Casual Cruisers!
- No promo code needed: Just use your B-card to check out bikes.
- Casual Cruiser trips are normally $3 per half hour.
- Thursday, May 19th: Happy Hour—No overtime fees from 5:00 PM to midnight for ALL pass types!
- Take those long trips you've been craving!
- Trips must start after 5:00 PM and end before Midnight to be eligible for this offer
- No promo code needed! We'll waive your overtime fees.
- Note: Casual Cruiser (pay-per-trip) pass holders will pay a flat $3 per trip rate, regardless of duration, during this period
- Friday, May 20th: Buy one, get one free for all new and renewing Republic Rider (Annual) Passes!
- Purchase or renew a Republic Rider pass at the $88 rate
- Shoot us an email letting us know you've renewed
- We'll send you a promo code for your second pass free!
- Give your second pass to a friend or keep if for yourself—we aren't picky.
Please note that these are one-day-only offers, so mark your calendars!
| May 05,2016
Just a quick heads-up, riders: Due to the impending Baseline underpass construction, our Broadway & Baseline station is moving 200 feet west.
This relocation is tentatively scheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 10th. Keep an eye on our social media and on the B-cycle Now mobile app for up-to-date information.
During the relocation process, the station will be briefly disconnected. Apologies for the (tiny) inconvenience. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions.
| Apr 18,2016
Boulder B-cycle is seeking a part-time field technician to participate in the daily operation of Boulder’s nonprofit bike-sharing system. The position’s primary responsibilities are moving B-cycles between stations throughout Boulder, inspecting B-cycles in the field to determine if shop maintenance is needed, and performing light station support. The job is year-round (not seasonal or temporary) and part-time, 15-20 hours per week. Basic bike mechanic skills are desirable, but not required, and opportunities for growth into advanced bike and station maintenance exist. Applicants for this position should have a valid driver’s license and good driving record, feel confident driving a manual transmission vehicle on Boulder streets, and be able to work alone and with a team to prioritize and accomplish a set of tasks.
- Bike balancing
- Relocate B-cycles between stations using a customized truck and electric-assist bicycle and trailer
- Monitor station performance using Boulder B-cycle’s computers and mobile devices
- Bike inspections
- Use an inspection checklist to identify bikes that need shop maintenance
- Perform minor bike maintenance (tire inflation, decal placement) in the field
- Station support
- Restart station computers when needed
- Place charged batteries into service, when needed
- Test station components for proper function (bike docks, credit card readers, screens, etc.)
- Perform informal customer service while maintaining stations and bikes
- Clean stations and perform touch-up painting
In order to execute the position’s responsibilities, applicants should:
- Be able to analyze system needs based on real-time reporting, anticipate short-term needs of the system, and distribute bikes accordingly
- Have a working knowledge of Boulder’s layout, streets, and geography and the skill to safely drive and park a manual transmission pickup truck in traffic
- Be willing to work outdoors in inclement (rain, wind, snow) weather
- Be able to work while standing for extended periods
- Be able to repeatedly lift bicycles weighing 50 pounds to a height of no less than 36”
- Ideally feel comfortable riding an electric-assist bicycle towing a trailer weighing 150-300 pounds
This position is 15-20 hours per week, possibly including early weekday mornings and/or weekends. Starting pay is $13/hour plus a generous paid time off policy and an EcoPass. To apply, please email your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
| Mar 28,2016
Heads up, riders—On Friday, 4/1, the price of the Republic Rider (annual) pass will increase from $70 to $88. This marks the first price increase for this pass in two years.
Remember, Republic Rider pass holders now get 60 minutes of free trip time (up from 30), and can still ride free in Denver and 17 other cities.
Whether you’re a new or renewing rider, you can still take advantage of the $70 rate through 3/31. Even if your current pass is a few months from expiring, you can still tack an additional 12 months onto that pass at any time. Here’s how it works:
- Log into your account at the top right corner of this page
- Click the red “Renew” button on the right side of your profile
- Select the Republic Rider pass and update your information as needed
- Confirm your $70 total
- Click “Finish & Pay”
If you’ve forgotten your login information, just shoot us a quick email and we’ll send it your way.
Please let us know if you have any questions.