We're excited to announce that as of today, you can check out bikes using your mobile device and the brand-new BCycle app:
Note: this is a different app from the B-cycle Now app that most of you are using. While it remains a great tool for visualizing bike availability, B-cycle Now will not allow mobile bike checkout.
You can download it now for iOS
Here's how mobile checkout works:
- Once you've downloaded the BCycle app, log into your account via the icon in the top right corner
- Make sure you give the app access to your phone's GPS
- Mobile checkout won't work without GPS!
- Stand next to the station you want to access and tap that station's icon on your app
- Tap the Get a bike button that pops up below the station icon
- Enter the dock number and tap Checkout
For complete information on all the new features of the BCycle app, click here
Don't have a smartphone, or just don't want another app? Our stations now also allow checkout via text message. Here's how that works:
- Make sure you have a current mobile phone number attached to your Boulder B-cycle membership
- Walk up to any station and follow the prompts onscreen to checkout a bike
- Choose "Keep Riding" and enter your mobile phone number
- Our database will text you a 6-digit code
- Enter that code at the station and choose your bike!
Like always, you can still check out bikes using your B-card and the credit card you have on file with your membership.