If you've ever been B-cycling around town during our peak ridership months, you've probably encountered our beloved B.E.A.S.T.: The Boulder Electric-Assist Service Trailer.
We love The B.E.A.S.T. because it allows us to move up to three B-cycles at a time between stations without any fossil fuel emissions. On top of that, it can often navigate the streets and paths of Downtown Boulder better than our truck, particularly when large events are taking place.
In fact, the only thing we don't like about The B.E.A.S.T. is that there's only one of them!
That's why for this year's Colorado Gives Day
, we're asking for your help to Unleash The B.E.A.S.T.
and expand our fleet of B.E.A.S.T.s!
Here's the low-down:
- For every $5,000 we raise, we can build out a new custom B.E.A.S.T. trailer and hire a B.E.A.S.T. Master for the summer.
- That's just $2 per active rider!
- The more we raise, the more B.E.A.S.T.s we can add!
- As a way of giving back to the Boulder community, we're hoping to hire graduates of Community Cycles' Transitions Earn-A-Bike program for these new positions, which provides opportunities for at-risk and disabled youth.
- Expanding our B.E.A.S.T. fleet will help to alleviate full and empty stations in the downtown core, particularly around large events.
This year, 100% of your Colorado Gives Day donation will go towards this program.
Plus, when you give on Tuesday, December 6th, your donation will be matched in part by the Community First Foundation and FirstBank, and all transaction fees will be waived.
Maximize your impact. Schedule your donation today! You can find our Colorado Gives Day page here:
Make sure to choose CO Gives Day as your donation type.
Thank you for your support!